Jeffrey Balash, Founder
Jeff founded Comstock in 1992. He achieves results that change
companies by applying his EQ and IQ. He gets to know people easily,
appreciates their firm’s challenges, culture, and competitive environment
to develop breakthrough solutions that can be understood and
implemented. Jeff uses Design Thinking to develop innovative strategies,
putting customers, employees, and the planet at the center of problem
solving. It’s a holistic approach that considers what will consistently deliver
the highest value for all stakeholders. This engenders buy-in, execution
and durability—true lasting value.
Jeff serves on:
- Board of Directors / EmployBridge The largest industrial staffing firm in the US, an Apollo portfolio company
- Board of Advisors / LogicSource BPO for indirect purchasing
Previously, Jeff co-founded Anthem Partners, a private equity firm with
Sanwa Bank of Japan (then the world’s largest bank) as its capital partner,
doing business in the US, Europe, and Asia. Before that he was recruited
from Lehman Brothers/NYC to Drexel/BH by Michael Milken to found and
manage Drexel’s Transactions Development Group, which identified,
financed, and executed investment transactions for corporations, financial
sponsors, and family offices. Jeff was also Director – New Markets and
Export Operations/Avon Products with operational responsibility for a
$400 million business (current dollars) and Assistant to the CEO – Louis
Dreyfus & Cie., doing business in the US, Europe, the Middle East, and S.
Conducted Business on Six Continents as a Leader and Innovator
- Co-founded one of the first businesses to use the Cloud—back in 1999, which was sold to Oracle. This business is now in its third iteration as Thrio. It has received multiple awards for being a leader in contact center software.
- Originated the first joint-venture between the People’s Republic of China and a Fortune 500 company, Campbell’s Soup, back in 1984—after only a few trips.
- Initiated the idea of Avon establishing businesses in Africa and launched subsidiaries in Nigeria and the Ivory Coast, became some of Avon’s most profitable businesses.
- Has been integral to five startups: agribusiness, consumer products, financial services, manufacturing, and software.
Harvard Business School / MBA Baker Scholar
Harvard Law School / JD cum laude
Princeton / BA Economics summa
Boardwise / Board of Directors Certificate
Univ. of Virginia and EIT Digital / Digital Transformation Certificates
Oxford University / Selected as a Churchill Scholar by the English Speaking Union
Interview with Boardwise about Boards of Directors