Jeffrey Balash, Founder
Jeff Balash established Comstock Investors in 1992. Jeff combines EQ and IQ to partner with CEOs, PE and venture firms, family offices and investors to scale their businesses by applying his experience in strategy, business development, international business, and finance—as well as by leveraging his network.
Jeff serves on:
- Board of Directors / EmployBridge The largest industrial staffing firm in the US, an Apollo portfolio company
- Board of Advisors / LogicSource BPO for indirect purchasing
Previously, Jeff co-founded Anthem Partners, a private equity firm with Sanwa Bank of Japan (then the world’s largest bank) as its capital partner. Before that he was recruited from Lehman Brothers/NYC to Drexel/BH by Michael Milken to found and manage Drexel’s Transactions Development Group, which identified, financed, and executed investment transactions for corporations, financial sponsors, and family offices. Jeff was also Director – New Markets and Export Operations/Avon Products with operational responsibility for a $400 million business (2022 dollars) and Assistant to the CEO – Louis Dreyfus & Cie.
Jeff has conducted business on six continents and traveled to all seven.
- Anthem / Advised Staples on its first European acquisition and the Government of Micronesia regarding the potential purchase of Air Micronesia
- Drexel / Executed multiple transactions involving European, Asian, and S. American firms
- Lehman / Initiated the first JV between the Peoples Republic of China and a Fortune 500 company and took Club Med public
- Avon Products / Established sales and manufacturing businesses in Nigeria, the Ivory Coast and Costa Rica, and worked with subsidiaries in Argentina, Brazil, and Venezuela
- Jeff has been integral to five startups: Agribusiness, consumer products, financial services, manufacturing and software
Harvard Business School / MBA Baker Scholar
Harvard Law School / JD cum laud
Princeton / BA Economics summa
Boardwise / Board of Directors Certificate
Univ. of Virginia and EIT Digital / Digital Transformation Certificates
Oxford University / Selected as a Churchill Scholar by the English Speaking Union
Interview with Boardwise about Boards of Directors